Unable to deploy Azure package from latest DEV

Nov 24, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Hello team,

I am following all the proper steps to build the Azure package from latest DEV code, but when I deploy, it just cycles between initializing/Busy. I tried deploying to local Azure fabric to see whats the issue, but there too it just cycles between initializing/Busy/teardown....

Is there any way I can find out the issue on the local fabric?

I have followed the steps - like adding my custom modules to the Azure solution, adding references of those modules in the Azure Role and making sure that required DLLs are marked Copy Local in the Web Role. Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks & Regards,

Ajay

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2010 at 3:35 PM

I have been able to deploy it work not later than yesterday. Did you try without your module ? If it works without it, it might help us.

Nov 24, 2010 at 3:45 PM
sebastienros wrote:

I have been able to deploy it work not later than yesterday. Did you try without your module ? If it works without it, it might help us.

ok, let me check without my modules. Will revert in 40 mins.

Regards,

Ajay

Nov 24, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Nope.

Pulled latest DEV code, without making any change, used ClickToBuildAzurePackage.cmd to build the package, just updated ServiceConfiguration.cscfg and deployed it on Azure.

It cycles between Busy/Stopped. Can get the status to Ready.

Regards,

Ajay

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Busy/Stopped, and no Initializing, I got it also. Can you try to delete all blobs in your storage ?

I use https://myazurestorage.com/Containers for this purpose.

Nov 24, 2010 at 6:08 PM

There are no blobs in my account at this location. I had cleaned before I started the deployment. Even after one hour now, it still shows busy. 

Regards,

Ajay

Nov 25, 2010 at 2:50 AM

Any pointers from anyone?

Has any one tried deploying the current DEV code to Azure? Tried everything but no success.

regards,

Ajay

Nov 26, 2010 at 5:19 AM

has anyone deployed on Azure post .8? Or there is no one using Azure for Orchard? 

Regards,

Ajay

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Does the web.config for Azure has "Trust Level="Medium"? I would try removing it (I was reading some on other forums that a few optional azure services don't run in medium trust)

Nov 27, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Current Azure web.config does not have settings for Trust Level. I tried everything but does not work. I have tried local dev fabric and that too fails. Any pointers from the DEV team would be appreciated. If current dev can be deployed on azure it would be of great help. I have a issue tracker ticket opened for this. http://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/16874

Thanks & Regards,

Ajay