Issues with the current default revision

Nov 14, 2010 at 10:27 AM
Edited Nov 14, 2010 at 10:38 AM

While testing the new default revision, I encountered the following issue.

It happens, with a fresh install, when trying to access many sections in the admin panel. The sections that don't work are: New List/Page/WidgetPage, Contents, Blogs and Admin Settings.
This means that it is pretty much unusable.

The exception is:

System.MethodAccessException was unhandled by user code
  Message=Attempt by method 'DynamicClass.CallSite.Target(System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure, System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallSite,
    Orchard.Core.Settings.Controllers.AdminController, System.Object)'
to access method 'System.Web.Mvc.Controller.View(System.Object)' failed. Source=Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly StackTrace: at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , AdminController , Object )        System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute2(CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1) +699
       Orchard.Core.Contents.Controllers.AdminController.Create(String id) +848
       lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +86
       System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +17
       System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +205
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +27
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() +55
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +263
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() +19
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +263
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +191
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +343
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +116
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +97
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +37
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +21
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +62
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +50
       System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7
       System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +22
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +60
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
       Orchard.Mvc.Routes.HttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +50
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8836913
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184

Unrelated issue: To try to isolate the issue, I was disabling features, and when I disabled Messaging, the whole website became unusable; I had to re-install it. Disabling Orchard.jQuery also makes the dashboard unusable. So, when disabling these features, the user should at least get a warning that, unless there is another feature enabled to take over the role fulfilled by that feature, Orchard will become unusable... This also apply to PackagingServices.

A way to reset the enabled/disabled features + settings (without losing the content data) would also be nice (to recover when something bad happens).

One last small issue: If you enable the "Lists" feature, its menu entry in the Dashboard appears, but when you disable it, that menu stays visible.

Nov 14, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I can confirm I'm seeing this error for the last few days. I tried everything to make sure it is not due to the configuration on my system. This problem is blocking!

Nov 15, 2010 at 12:24 AM

I found out this regression comes from change 3297 (6c95024983e1) Medium Trust: Updating SQLce version to desktop version. Enabling medium trust level by default.

Comment out the following line from Web.Config (line 49) and the error should go away:

<trust level="Medium" originUrl="" />

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2010 at 7:41 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.