Orchard vs. Mvc 3 RC

Nov 10, 2010 at 10:46 AM
Edited Nov 10, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Hello,

Orchard seems to have routing issues when the Mvc 3 RC is installed. Can anyone confirm these problems? 

Christian

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I can confirm. We are working on it. Thanks.

Nov 11, 2010 at 12:12 PM
Edited Nov 11, 2010 at 12:13 PM

This thread was very hard to find when searching for the error. I'm pasting in the error message so other can know that you guys are working on a fix.

Multiple types were found that match the controller named 'Home'. This can happen if the route that services this 
request ('') does not specify namespaces to search for a controller that matches the request.
If this is the case, register this route by calling an overload of the 'MapRoute' method that takes a 
'namespaces' parameter.

The request for 'Home' has found the following matching controllers:
Orchard.Core.HomePage.Controllers.HomeController
Orchard.Core.XmlRpc.Controllers.HomeController

Nov 11, 2010 at 5:24 PM

I've also opened an issue with detailed error attached.

Nov 11, 2010 at 7:33 PM

I installed MVC 3 RC and then installed Orchard 0.8.51. When I try to launch Orchard I get this error:

HttpContext.SetSessionStateBehavior' can only be invoked before 'HttpApplication.AcquireRequestState' event is raised.

Is this related to the routing problem?

Nov 12, 2010 at 11:19 AM
mikehug wrote:

I installed MVC 3 RC and then installed Orchard 0.8.51. When I try to launch Orchard I get this error:

HttpContext.SetSessionStateBehavior' can only be invoked before 'HttpApplication.AcquireRequestState' event is raised.

Is this related to the routing problem?

Please make sure that your application pool is targeting to .net framework 4 and pipeleine mode "integrated".

Nov 12, 2010 at 11:21 AM
bertrandleroy wrote:

I can confirm. We are working on it. Thanks.

Any thoughts when fix will be available or is there any quick one to do by myself? Just can't work until it's broken. Thanks!

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:05 PM

One solution would be to uninstall the Mvc 3 RC, if you can still work with the Beta.

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Any thoughts when it will be fixed?

Nov 12, 2010 at 2:04 PM
Edited Nov 12, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Seems you've updated libs to the latest version, so now issue can be fixed by updating to latest changeset from the orchard's repository.

Coordinator
Nov 12, 2010 at 6:25 PM

We updated the release on the download tab and on WebPI to be the latest in the default branch, which fixes this.

Dec 7, 2010 at 4:14 PM

It still doesn't work. Moreover, I don't have MVC 3 RC on my machine at all and never had.

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Doesn't work for me neither. First, I had MVC 2 on my pc but returned the same error. Now with MVC3 RC installed I am still getting this error.

I installed the lastest Orchard release trough WebPI and I have the AppPool targeting to .NET Framework 4 with pipeline mode Integrated.

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Oh, I realized that this error is only occurring when going directly to http://localhost/orchard/default.aspx. It is important to note that is where the "Launch Orchard" link in WebPI takes you after installing.

If I just go to the root http://localhost/orchard/ it works fine.

Why is this happening?

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 3:00 AM

Yep, Renaud and I narrows this down to the Default.aspx scenario yesterday too: http://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/16994.  We are actively investigating a fix for V1.

Dec 10, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Good finding insertcoin, at least, we can move forward now.