Widgets admin page error

Nov 7, 2010 at 1:10 AM
Edited Nov 9, 2010 at 11:02 PM

It works fine on my local machine but on the server I'm getting this error message when I try to go to Manager Widgets page.

Any idea what could be wrong?

I'm using version 0.8.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 96:                         <tr>
Line 97:                             <td>@widget</td>
Line 98:                             <td>@Html.ActionLink(T("Add to zone").ToString(), "AddWidget", new { layerId = Model.CurrentLayer.Id, widgetType = widget })</td>
Line 99:                         </tr>
Line 100:                    }

Source File: c:\___\Modules\Orchard.Widgets\Views\Admin\Index.cshtml    Line: 98

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   ASP.Index_cshtml.Execute() in c:\___\Modules\Orchard.Widgets\Views\Admin\Index.cshtml:98
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +152
   System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +89
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +45
   System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance) +198
   System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +115
   Orchard.Mvc.ViewEngines.ThemeAwareness.<>c__DisplayClass7.<FindView>b__5(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, IViewDataContainer viewDataContainer) 
in c:\Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Mvc\ViewEngines\ThemeAwareness\LayoutAwareViewEngine.cs:54 Orchard.Mvc.ViewEngines.ThemeAwareness.LayoutView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) in
c:\Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Mvc\ViewEngines\ThemeAwareness\LayoutAwareViewEngine.cs:84 System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +291 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +13 System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__19() +23 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +264 System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() +20 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +264 System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() +20 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +264 System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() +20 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +264 System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() +20 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +264 System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() +20 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +264 System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() +20 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +264 System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() +20 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +264 System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() +20 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +264 System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() +20 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +264 System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() +20 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +176 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +342 System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +115 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +148 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10 System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +37 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +21 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12 System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +55 System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +31 System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7 System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +23 System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +59 System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9 Orchard.Mvc.Routes.HttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) in c:\Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Mvc\Routes\ShellRoute.cs:155 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8841105 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:01 PM

What am I missing? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2010 at 9:05 PM

How did you deploy to that server? Does it have everything properly installed? Did you try to attach a debugger, set a breakpoint and determine what object was null?

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:13 PM

I downloaded Orchard.Web.0.8.51.zip, added my module and uploaded the whole project.

Setup process went without a problem except that I had to set the machine key to given value in the error message. I don't know if that's normal...

I cannot reproduce the error on my local machine.

Could it be some sort of a server setting problem?

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2010 at 9:20 PM

You went through setup on the target machine?

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:21 PM
bertrandleroy wrote:

You went through setup on the target machine?

Yes.

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I can see nothing obvious. Can you try to zap your App_data folder and try again?

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:26 PM
bertrandleroy wrote:

I can see nothing obvious. Can you try to zap your App_data folder and try again?

I'm using SQL Server for my data by the way.

I'll try that tonight...

Nov 11, 2010 at 5:44 AM
bertrandleroy wrote:

Cleared App_Data folder and did the setup again.

It's working now.

Thanks!