create site as blog only?

Nov 3, 2010 at 2:23 AM

I have 0.8 running on , and I'm trying to configure the site to be "just a blog". Ive put the blog as the home page, got rid of the main page, etc but right now it just shows a link to the blog at another location.

Any idea how to make the blog be the "only" content? and to possibly access it at the root url, instead of at /blog ?

Nov 3, 2010 at 4:17 PM

You *can* access it at the root URL :). If you want only the root URL to be accessible, there is a bug for that if you want to vote for it:

Nov 3, 2010 at 9:27 PM

I can access it, but it is just a link to the blog, not "the blog" itself... if that makes sense?

Nov 3, 2010 at 9:49 PM

When you type the address of the root of the site, where does it take you and what content do you see?

Nov 3, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Nov 4, 2010 at 12:18 AM

I can't access that site.

Nov 5, 2010 at 10:47 AM

I've added a RecentBlogPosts widget to my homepage, and then added a HTML widget under that to link to the rest of the blog. You can see that here.

I too found that ticking the box in blog settings to make the blog my homepage didn't display blog posts. It just displayed the blog's title and a link to the blog section. I found the RecentBlogPosts widget was a nice work around.

Nov 5, 2010 at 2:13 PM

that's definitely closer ;) thanks

Nov 5, 2010 at 3:47 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Nov 5, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Ah, yeah, that’s a new bug. I created an issue for it so we don’t miss getting a fix in for 1.0 ->

At least you were able to use widgets for a workaround :)