Plugging into Asp.net membership provider

Sep 30, 2010 at 2:47 PM

We use a custom provider for the regular asp.net membership, and need to have folks authenticate against it and be shown pages after that.

It looks like there is discussion around adding profiles and such to the base orchard login system, use of active directory etc but in our case we already have a substantial amount of code invested in hooking to backend systems (read legacy and hard to get at) with the asp.net membership provider.

What steps would one take toward this? I am fine with a 2 tier system (one for orchard admins, authors, and the other for our business users)

Thanks,

Jamey

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2010 at 10:58 PM

This thread might be of interest: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/orcharddiscussions/thread/f322812c-53cd-4509-acf3-f4a9b21dfe4b

Aug 1, 2012 at 9:36 AM
jamey777 wrote:

We use a custom provider for the regular asp.net membership, and need to have folks authenticate against it and be shown pages after that.

It looks like there is discussion around adding profiles and such to the base orchard login system, use of active directory etc but in our case we already have a substantial amount of code invested in hooking to backend systems (read legacy and hard to get at) with the asp.net membership provider.

What steps would one take toward this? I am fine with a 2 tier system (one for orchard admins, authors, and the other for our business users)

Thanks,

Jamey

Hi jamey,

have you been able to use the custom membership provider with Orchard? I also need to build our actual custom membership provider into orchard, to use it insteed of the default one, and I wondered if you could give me some input/advice.

Thanks!

George.