Slugs broken with special characters

Sep 30, 2010 at 1:19 PM

I need to do second level navigation, and for my purposes I will be building a client side static jquery menu until the product is more mature.

I read on the previous forums over at msdn that the slugs used to handle/slashes/like-this but now it has regressed.

Any ideas on a timeframe for a fix to this? It is one of two items we need to get working to use this product for our production site, the next one is in a different post.

Thanks,

Jamey

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2010 at 4:33 PM

That’s fixed in the dev branch but what’s all in that branch won’t be released (or even usable in a production environment) for a couple of weeks. It sounds like you could use this fix quite a bit earlier though…

-Nathan

Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:20 AM
To: Nathan Heskew
Subject: Slugs broken with special characters [orchard:229150]

I need to do second level navigation, and for my purposes I will be building a client side static jquery menu until the product is more mature.

I read on the previous forums over at msdn that the slugs used to handle/slashes/like-this but now it has regressed.

Any ideas on a timeframe for a fix to this? It is one of two items we need to get working to use this product for our production site, the next one is in a different post.

Thanks,

Jamey

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 18, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I loaded up the source instead of the build, and still no slugs. The validation comes back:

Please do not use any of the following characters in your slugs: "/", ":", "?", "#", "[", "]", "@", "!", "$", "&", "'", "(", ")", "*", "+", ",", ";", "=". No spaces are allowed (please use dashes or underscores instead).